TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: How thick are other brackets?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: How thick are other brackets?

Posted by Bad Fish on September 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 537 times.

In Reply To How thick are other brackets? posted by BoneZ (MD) on September 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Message I am referring to the cts-v 6 pots here. The thickness of the bracket in relation to how far the caliper is spaced creates a huge lever in essence which will probably put some tremendous forces on it. I highly doubt that the bracket could remain flex free under load. That really defeats part of the purpose of having one piece mono lock calipers. Personally I wouldn't put a 1" spacer on any critical component in my vehicle. Also, the holes on the brackets don't even appear to be centered on it. Not to mention that others are having to grind the lower portion of the bracket to clear the lca, leaving very little material around the lower caliper bolt. The holes are also oversized to fit other platforms, maybe the 350Z, that use larger caliper bolts. The maker also says this allows "adjustment" of the caliper mounting position. This to me screams that the brackets weren't designed with very good dimensions in the first place. Nice calipers and a good try, but those brackets are crap. Already been looking at them to see if I could design a decent adaptor but I'm not sure that it's possible.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.